How to Make Your Own Refrigerator Magnets
by Criss White at My baby shower favors
There are several types of refrigerator magnets that you can make with a little effort and the right materials. Below are some ideas for making magnets for gifts or just for fun.
1. First you need to gather the needed ingredients. The easiest magnets to make are flat magnets that you print out on your printer. These magnets are great for personalized favors and gifts. You will need special magnet sheets that are designed to be printed on, which should be available at most office supply stores as well as online.
2. If you are artistic, then you can draw your own images and scan them into your computer. Or you can draw them using a paint program. If not, you can do a search for free clip art and images, which should turn up plenty of images that you can use. These images can be imported into a word processor.
3. Next, you can insert the desired text. To make sure the text is readable, insert a box with solid background into the picture. This is where you will insert your personalized text.
4. Finally, print out your magnets on your color printer. If you don't have a color printer, then you local copy shop should be able to print these out for you for a reasonable fee.
5. You can also make three-dimensional magnets by using plaster of paris and cookie or soap molds. Fill the molds with the wet plaster and insert a circular magnet into the wet plaster. Cookie cutters can also be used instead of molds.
6. Once the plaster dries, the magnets can now be painted. Other types of decorations can be used as well, like glitter. Once the paint dries, you will have a lovely keepsake item or gift that will last for years.
In summary, with a few cheap ingredients and a little time, anyone can make their own refrigerator magnets. Enjoy!
Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. See Save the date baby shower magnets (www.mybabyshowerfavors.com/pe029.html) for more magnet ideas and Baby Shower Magnets - Favors (www.mybabyshowerfavors.com/magnets.html) for other related baby shower supplies. Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits and resource box remain in tact and the hyperlinks are active.